Ferrycarrig have been engaged by Sydney Water to deliver the Prospect South to Macarthur Pipeline Package 16 project. The project involves pipeworks, site works and road pavement works associated with the construction of two reservoirs at Oran Park required to connect the Oran Park Reservoirs to Sydney water’s existing network.
The project comprises the provision of all labour materials and services necessary to carry out the construction of the DN1050 inlet, outlet, and overflow pipe works, site civil works, and commissioning works.
The Prospect South to Macarthur Pipeline Package 16 project allows the acceleration of several proposed growth assets. The project will also provide trunk drinking water infrastructure to service growth within the South West Growth Area, Western Sydney Aerotropolis Growth Area, Liverpool CBD, and Menangle Park.
The project involves pipeworks, site works and road pavement works relating to the construction of the two reservoirs at Oran Park required to connect the Oran Park Reservoirs to Sydney water’s existing network.
- Ferrycarrig has been engaged by SydneyWater and their delivery partner Acciona to deliver the construction of the following scope of works:
- Excavation and Installation of 1Km of OD1067 MSCL pipe Including valve arrangements, air valves, hydrants, and the like
- Installation of 5 cast-in-situ valves, AICV, and flow meter pits
- Installation of 3 cast-in-situ scour pits
- Excavation and Installation of 300m of stormwater pipes and pits
- Earthworks for supply and placement of a new road Including 476m of kerb and gutter, line marking, fencing, and landscape works
- Jetting and CCTV of newly Installed pipework
- Pressure testing
- Connections Into existing pipework
Key challenges to be overcome include:
- Lifting and Installing 12m long OD1067 MSCL pipes with a weight of 3.8t
- Excavating up to depths of 6 metres
- Internal welding of pipe joints under confine space procedures and rescue retrieval plans
- Tight working corridor
- Cross connections between the Inlet and outlet pipework
- Assembly of DN1000 SV arrangements
- Tight program