Ausgrid is planning to replace low voltage CONSAC cables installed between late 1960 and the early 1990s has reached the end of its serviceable life.
Ferrycarrig has been awarded design and construction of approximately 9km of low voltage in-ground cable replacement including the cable hauling and civil trenching work packages.
The scope of work includes the following:
- Creation and submission of the detailed design, including Summary Environmental Report
- Supply and install conduits, polymeric cable covers and low voltage cable
- Backfill and restore all trenches, including damage to footpaths; grassed areas, kerbs and gutters
- Supply and install all commissioning and testing including removal of existing pillars
- Temporary restore road crossings;Level B Asset Recording.
- Underboring decorative driveways
- Termination, commissioning and testing of cable ends including removal and replacement of existing pillars
- Permanent reinstatement of all trenches, including damage to footpaths, grassed areas, kerbs and gutters
- Community engagement
- Environmental controls, sediment, yard, mobilisation and demobilisation including cleaning up and removal of debris.
Ferrycarrig is working directly for Ausgrid as principal contractor and will self perform all project management, community relations and environmental aspects of the project.
Key challenges associated with the delivery of the project include:
- Works will be undertaken in a residential neighbourhood in close proximity to residential properties
- Works will be undertaken in close proximity to existing services and adhering to the Ferrycarrig excavation permit will be a key control measure implemented on the project
- Management of multiple work fronts, crews and subcontractors increase the potential risk of plant and personnel interaction