As part of the early works program for Memorial Avenue’s extensive upgrade, Ferrycarrig, in partnership with Ausconnex, completed a range of electrical distribution and transmission works along the 2.5 km route.
The works included the undergrounding of overhead assets which allow the road construction to be completed without delay. The Ferrycarrig team provided all traffic control as well as the removal of existing infrastructure and new utility installations.
Ferrycarrig Memorial Avenue construction works included the:
- Installation of conduits and cable hauling of 400m of 33kV transmission
- Excavation, conduit laying, and cable pulling of 4km of 11kV distribution.
- Installation of 13 HDD bores across major roads and intersections and along Windsor Road and Memorial Avenue
- The team located 56 unknown services with zero strikes
- Working within a tight program, we achieved all 14 outages by expediting our program to ensure we allocated enough engineering, plant, and machinery resources on hand during restricted night work (3 nights per week, 10 nights per month)
- Working alongside the client’s designers to rectify design issues early so these could be resolved without impacting the budget or program
- Deep excavation up to 4.8m deep which involved a temporary work Design and Geotech trench stability
The project was completed to RMS and Endeavour Energy specifications.
13,000 tonnes of excavation was carried with 500 tonnes of Excavated Earth Material and 200 tonnes of General Solid Waste taken off-site.
A key requirement for the project was to work with the community whilst carrying out the works. Our management of this was aided by our traffic team’s ability to work with the local community to program works. This meant being flexible with working hours between days and nights along the routes as well as ensuring that access to properties and concerns from the community were addressed immediately if required.
The Ferrycarrig traffic team received a number of compliments for their attitude throughout the project whilst also managing a number of complex setups along the route to allow the electrical outages to happen without issue or delay.