Ferrycarrig is currently delivering the design and construction of all major utility installations, diversions, and augmentations for the new Sydney Fish Markets. The works consist of 2km of new 6-way 11 kV feeder route, 500m of undergrounding and relocations including, gas, communications, potable water, and sewer streetlights, smart poles.
The works also include the extension of 7 separate Sydney Water stormwater culverts into the bay totaling 160m of new reinforced concrete box culverts. The works also include the construction of 200m of new sea wall and revetements. On completion of the utility installations, Ferrycarrig will carry out the roadworks upgrade to the 4-lane project frontage on Bridge Road and associated new signalised intersections.
The new Sydney Fish Market development located in the heart of Blackwattle Bay will expand and improve the functions of the existing market in a new setting designed to achieve design excellence, functional performance, and environmental sustainability.
The nSFM will include retail and food and beverage premises, wholesale facilities and auction rooms, offices and commercial space, the Sydney Seafood School, and back-of-house facilities including car, truck, and coach parking spaces. The new facility is to include a new foreshore promenade and wharves. The new fish market will be purpose-built and will be supported by state-of-the-art back-of-house plant and recycling/waste management facilities.
Ferrycarrig is responsible for developing the design for their associated works. The design must be coordinated with design documentation relating to the Building and Public Domain and existing assets. The design must include 3D Modeling for clash detection including all utility services, stormwater, and other structures.
Initial design investigations for the electrical feeder route are now complete which took place after extensive community consultation in conjunction with our delivery partners Multiplex. Ferrycarrig will continue to engage with the community as works progress on what will be an iconic Sydney landmark.
The works have progressed to extending the existing Sydney Water culverts. These extensions are required to relocate the seawall further into the bay
which will provide an increased public domain area when complete. Extensive dewatering will be required during construction from within the proposed
individual cofferdams required. Special consideration is required for the central heritage-listed oviform culvert.
The scope of work includes:
- 11kv feeder from Camperdown to Glebe: Design and construction of 2km route from Camperdown to Glebe
- Ausgrid relocations along Bridge Road: Design and construction of 500m of undergrounding and relocations, streetlights, and smart poles
- Gas and communications relocations on Bridge Road, Glebe
- Potable water and sewer connections
- Sydney Water Culvert Extensions – Extend 7 no. stormwater culverts into the harbour totaling 16m of new reinforced concrete box culverts
- Sea Wall Construction: Construct 120 metres of new sea wall and revetments. Approx 30,000t of rock
- Bridge Road Upgrade: Roadworks to upgrade 350m of existing RMS road along Bridge Road and the construction of 2 new signalised intersections.
Ferrycarig’s project delivery team is looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead to deliver this multi-faceted state significate development.