Due to the growth of our operations, we have an opportunity for experienced Pipelayers/Drainers to join our team.
- Excellent salary on offer
- Get involved with large and high-profile civil infrastructure projects in Sydney
- Work with a progressive, and fast-growing business that rewards initiative
- Join a friendly and supportive team environment with a sense of community
About the Role
- Study blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the layout of stormwater and sewerage systems
- Excavate and level to line, depth, and grade according to drawings and specifications;
- Set out and install below-ground concrete and PVC sanitary and storm-water pipes;
- Carry out site drainage and de-watering procedures, employing storm-water, sub-soil, and pump systems;
- Test drainage systems;
- Locate and clear blockages in below-ground systems;
- Install excavation supports in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety requirements;
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths by hand or using trenching tools or machinery;
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements;
- Cut pipes to required lengths;
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for sealing;
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints using cement;
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials
- Must be trade qualified
- 3 years of experience on large-scale civil project facilities an advantage
Ferrycarrig is a leading constructor of utilities and civil infrastructure built on core values from the ground up.
Our people are what makes Ferrycarrig a successful company. We foster a collaborative and forward-thinking team culture that rewards initiative. Ferrycarrig is an inclusive meritocracy where anyone with the expertise, passion, and drive to deliver results can achieve success.
To apply for this career opportunity please click Apply Now and upload a copy of your resume and cover letter or contact Ferrycarrig’s Training and Inductions Manager, Ailish, on email@example.com or by calling 02 8598 8505.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are encouraged to apply.
- Ferrycarrig awarded Box Hill to Vineyard 132kv Transmission Mains ConstructionFebruary 17, 2023 - 3:18 am
- Ferrycarrig exhibits at the Inaugral Sydney Water Supply Chain and Recruitment ExpoFebruary 17, 2023 - 2:50 am
- Ferrycarrig Sponsor WaterAid NSW Gala BallOctober 4, 2022 - 4:16 am
- Smoking Ceremony held at Wentworth Avenue and Baker Street Intersection Upgrade SiteApril 11, 2022 - 4:33 am
- Ferrycarrig Awarded Contract to Upgrade Wentworth Avenue and Baker Street IntersectionJanuary 20, 2022 - 5:23 am
Unit 3/4 Brunker Road,
Chullora, NSW 2190
127 Creek Street, Level 23,
Brisbane, QLD, 4000
Unit 1-4, 15 Tench Street,
Kingston, ACT 2604