Ferrycarrig have been engaged to deliver pipe installation works at Oran Park as part of the Prospect South to Macarthur (ProMac) project for Sydney Water in partnership with Acciona. The scope of work involves excavation and installation of both concrete encased and stabilised sand sections of OD1067 SCL pipe, FRP of cast in situ valve chambers and road pavement works associated with the construction of two new reservoirs at Oran Park.
The ProMac project provides infrastructure to service growth in the new Western Sydney Aerotropolis precinct and South West Growth Area now and in the future, ensuring Sydney Water’s customers will have reliable access to clean, safe drinking water.
Ferrycarrig will deliver pipe works, concrete works and road pavement works relating to the construction of the two 24ML reservoir tanks at Oran Park which will connect to Sydney Water’s existing network in the suburb of Cobbitty which is part of the Camden City Council area. Ferrycarrig has been engaged by Sydney Water in partnership with Acciona to deliver the construction of the following scope of works:
- Excavation and Installation of 1Km of OD1067 MSCL pipe Including valve arrangements, air valves and hydrants
- Installation of 5 cast-in-situ valves, AICV, and flow meter pits
- Installation of 3 cast-in-situ scour pits
- Excavation and Installation of 300m of stormwater pipes and pits
- Earthworks for supply and placement of a new road Including 476m of kerb and gutter, line marking, fencing, and landscape works
- Jetting and CCTV of newly Installed pipework
- Pressure testing
- Connections Into existing pipework
Key challenges to be overcome include working in a tight corridor, excavating up to depths of 6 metres and lifting and Installing 12m long OD1067 MSCL pipes with a weight of up to 3.8t. Works include internal welding of pipe joints under confined space procedures. Ferrycarrig will also carry out cross connections between the inlet and outlet pipework and the assembly of DN1000 SV arrangements.