Ferrycarrig was engaged by Equinix to carry out the design and construction of a 33kV feeder from Ausgrid Substation in Pomeroy Street to the proposed SY6 substation in Ermington.
Works included investigation and design of a 33kV feeder from Ausgrid Substation in Pomeroy Street to Proposed SY6 substation in Ermington.
The scope of works involved Ferrycarrig working with Design Consultants to:
- Complete concept design based on DYBD Information
- Pothole known services to confirm locations
- Complete 50%, 90% design review with client at the various design stages
- Work with Sydney Olympic Park Authority to develop methodologies of Installing services around highly toxic leachate lines
- Issue For Construction drawings
- Construct the feeder including supply and install of conduit and cable
As the Sydney Olympic Park Area used to be an old tip site, Ferrycarrig had to work in conjunction with the Sydney Olympic Park (SOPA) authority to come up with processes and controls about designing and installing a 33kV feeder close to the highly toxic leachate line.
Ferrycarrig developed methodologies to work around the SOPA leachate lines. These lines were treated as No-Go zones, and Ferrycarrig was required to demonstrate to SOPA that we were able to safety work in and around the highly toxic asset without causing damage.