Ferrycarrig was engaged by JHCPB to fit-out and commission a new-build Sydney trains substation. This substation was a critical component of the project as it replaced an existing substation that had to be demolished for piling works to commence for the new road onto and Anzac Bridge.
After a strong delivery on various utility relocations scopes on the Rozelle project, the Ferrycarrig team completed the fitout of this new substation build which was considered a time-critical component for the overall project progress at the Rozelle Interchange.
The scope of works for this project included the following:
- Excavation, installation, and testing of the external earth grid including earthing pits and drilling of 6 m earth rods into the ground.
- Installation of cable tray and cable containment for the High Voltage, Low Voltage communications, SCADA, and fire systems.
- Design, Supply, installation, and commissioning of a VESDA fire detection system- connected to the onsite SCADA Panel.
- Supply and installation of double insulated HV metering panels.
Supply and installation of AC/DC distribution boards.
- Installation of all Low Voltage cables from AC/DC distribution boards to lighting circuits, power circuits, SCADA panels and switchgear.
- Installation of all HV switchgear setting into position and lining up BUS bars
- Installation of battery cabinets and battery banks including testing and commissioning.
- Supply and installation of all internal and external power, lighting, emergency lighting
- Supply and Installation of a generator connection box and temporary power supply to commission substation.
- Assisting Sydney Trains with the commissioning and handover of the substation
A key area of value addition was that we were able to draw on previous experience on similar projects and raise RFIs and offer design solutions to the client at an early stage in the project giving the client plenty of time to get the approvals required to not slow down progress on site.
Ferrycarrig also worked with the external cladding supplier to design an innovative system to install the external lighting without voiding the warranty on a specialist Zinc coated cladding.
Due to our attention to detail and proactive approach we were able to deliver a quality product to the client ahead of schedule and within budget.